The HSC Pediatric Center is a children's specialty hospital in Washington, DC, that services children from infancy through age 21. We provide easy access to a range of family-centered medical and therapy services to meet your child’s needs. We also provide care for children who are leaving a traditional hospital and aren’t quite ready to be cared for at home.
The HSC Pediatric Center is one component of The HSC Health Care System, a nonprofit health care organization committed to serving people with complex health care needs and eliminating barriers to health services.
Why Choose The HSC Pediatric Center
At The HSC Pediatric Center, we provide:
- Care for the whole child. We treat the whole child, taking into account interests and goals, and involving the entire family in your child’s care. We embrace a family-centered care approach – your child and family are our top priority.
- Quality medical care. We provide your child with the highest level of care with the goal of helping them to reach their highest potential. We are accredited by the Joint Commission, which means we meet high standards on patient safety and quality of care.
- Skilled professionals. Your child will be in the care of a team of skilled and compassionate health care professionals. We have doctors, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, respiratory care staff and therapy specialists who will work closely with you and your child. Together we will build medical and therapy goals specially designed for your child.
- All levels of care. We provide the best care, whatever your child’s level of function. Our inpatient programs provide care for children who are ready to leave a traditional hospital, but aren’t quite ready to go home. We also provide outpatient services that allow your child to continue therapy services without interruption.
- Specialty expertise. We offer a team approach to health care and specialize in traumatic injuries and burns; wound care; premature infants; developmental disabilities; feeding difficulties; heart and lung diseases; ventilator-dependency, and many other medically complex health conditions.