The HSC Health Care System is recruiting an experienced Communications Project Manager to join a growing External Affairs team. The Communications Project Manager (Project Manager) will support the Vice President of Marketing and Outreach and provide strategic planning and operational leadership in the design, development, and coordination of communications and marketing projects and event planning for entities within The HSC Health Care System. The Project Manager will be involved at a strategic level and is responsible for day-to-day client and project management. He or she will become a subject matter expert on the assigned work stream(s) and be responsible for meeting or exceeding client expectations and deliverables within the agreed upon timelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB-SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
- Partners with HSC entities to understand organizational and public engagement objectives
- Supports the design, creation and implementation of communications and marketing projects
- Creates internal work plans, dashboards, and project reports that meet project timelines, critical milestones and performance objectives
- Manages staff to achieve deliverables
- Assists in monitoring workloads and development opportunities of junior team members
- Works with marketing team to research potential business innovations.
- Plans, researches, writes and edits internal and external communication materials.
- Identifies new marketing channels, including strategies for building new communications opportunities.
- Provides support to HSC Health Care System entities as directed with follow-up tasks across the spectrum of internal and external project assignments.
- Attends community events as a representative of The HSC Health Care System and its entities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to the External Affairs team on behalf of The HSC Health Care System.
A good candidate will have a history of outstanding performance in overseeing large and small projects, project reporting, budgeting, and stakeholder management. The position requires the candidate to have experience coordinating internal resources, tracking deliverables and monitoring quality assurance of each project.
EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITY
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, communications, community outreach, or related work, including 3+ years account/project management experience that includes project management certification development, research, digital communications and social media management. Agency experience, especially healthcare related, is preferred.
- Minimum education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in communications, business management or an equivalent field.
- Superior writing skills, to include content generation and the ability to edit materials prepared by others to ensure high quality deliverables
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Good problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to articulate straightforward and/or creative solutions
- Ability to manage a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment on deadline.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively, and a track record of working independently to represent an organization.
- Professional demeanor, and ability to engage vulnerable populations with sensitivity and compassion.
- Shows respect and sensitivity to the disability community, although previous disability experience is not required, and has a desire to work with diverse environments and cultures.
- Meeting planning experience
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non- professional audiences.
- Ability to negotiate and manage budgets throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office required; experience or familiarity with programs such as Cision, Mail Chimp, ERP systems, Quick books a plus.
- Knowledge of AP writing style; traditional and emerging trends in public relations, advertising, marketing, and social media.